Please sign in to post.

Venice Hotels

Does anyone have any thoughts on Hotel Galleria or Hotel Al Leon in Venice? Also would like names of any other recommended places to stay for 2 nights in May.
Grazie!

Posted by
536 posts

Gail - I can strongly recommend -

http://www.hotelcasanova.it/
Franco, Dario, and Stefano man the Front desk - Free breakfast and directly behind Piazza san Marco!!

Ciao, Greg

Posted by
891 posts

We have stayed at Ca Dogaressa in the Canareggio area twice. Small hotel on the canal with very friendly owner and helpful desk clerk. The Jr. Suite is a huge room that looks out over the canal and I loved it. We have also stayed at the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo. It also has very helpful people. both hotels are perfectly clean and comfortable. I would stay at either one again.

Posted by
711 posts

Hi Gail... We like the Hotel Campiello. It is not cheap, but you cannot beat the location, the AC, or the Breakfast buffet.It is in Rick's Venice book. They have discounts for Steves' readers and for cash if you tell them that at the time of booking.

Posted by
114 posts

Two years ago, we spent a week at Al Piave in Castello and loved it. Owned by a family and kept super clean. Nice neighborhood very near the church of Santa Maria Formosa which is a good landmark for finding the hotel after you've been lost in Venice :) I believe it was recommended in Rick Steves' Venice guide as well.

Happy travels! Cheryl

Posted by
114 posts

One more thing about Al Piave. . .email them directly to set it up. Ask about the cash price, because it is much better!

Posted by
3112 posts

I stayed at Casa Santa Maria Formosa a couple of years ago. Rooms were very nice and location is great - just off Campo Santa Maria Formosa. It wasn't in Rick's book at the time, but is now. A co-worker has stayed at Hotel Campiello a couple of times and has nothing but great things to say. It's located very near St. Mark's Square, and is also in Rick's book.

Posted by
56 posts

We stayed at the Venice Hilton. Excellent room and hotel. (Very pricey room service). I got a great rate of around $150.00 US per night.

Posted by
215 posts

We stayed at Al Ponte Mocenigo and highly recommend it. It is right off a vaporetto stop. We loved the quieter location, it was only a short walk to things. We are a family of four and stayed in the annex. Breakfast was lovely, and the owners were fantastic.

Posted by
133 posts

Thank you all for the information. We went ahead and booked Al Piave for 2 nights in May

Posted by
192 posts

I highly recommmend Dimora Marciana. IT was very close to St. Marks Square, it is new (opened in 2009), the breakfast was good, and it was on a quiet little alley.

Posted by
56 posts

Hey Gail - My daughter stayed at Hotel Al Leon last month and thought it was great. Unfortunately when I wanted to book it again in March was told that I had to book it for at least 3 nights if it was on the weekend. Doesn't work for us in March, but was great in January!

Posted by
34 posts

Has anyone heard of our stayed at Hotel Iris? It is between the San Polo and Dordoduro areas. Please let me know.