Please sign in to post.

Venice hotels

We are flying into Venice next May for a cruise and want to stay fir two nights prior to departure. We do not want to carry luggage all over the place. Hotel Santa Charia has been suggested. Your thoughts on where we should stay that is a great venue and still convenient fir our two nights?

Posted by
89 posts

I would select a hotel close to a vaparetto stop more in the heart of Venice, ideally one with a private stop if you are taking a private water taxi from the airport. (Especially if you have more than one carry on per person as gets hard to transport large amounts of luggage on a vaparetto.)

Consider transportation to where you will pick up cruise, again depending on amount of luggage. There is so much to enjoy being closer to St Marks or in the heart of Venice. Just my opinion.

Posted by
60 posts

NH Collection Venezia Palazzo Barocci . Right next to a vaparetto stop, and I think a private stop as we took a private water taxi from and to airport. Lovely hotel!

Posted by
3961 posts

For two nights I would suggest a hotel that is centrally located, & an easy walk from the Vaporetto stop. We stayed at Hotel Flora. Minutes from San Marco, yet tucked away in a quiet gorgeous setting. Family owned hotel for 50 years. The hotel is a 17th century Palazzo. Exceptional service, comfortable rooms (we chose a larger room that had a view of their courtyard). It’s what they call their “magical garden.” A place to enjoy their amazing breakfast buffet or relax after a day of sightseeing. We booked directly with the hotel website. The hotel was recommended by friends. We stayed a week. www.hotelflora.it

Booking.com has great reviews as well.

Posted by
6203 posts

Hotel Ala is right at SM Giglio vaporetto stop (which is nice if you want a water taxi too)
Literally steps away
No bridges

In a quiet campo, quick walk to San Marco
We've stayed there twice- nice rooftop terrace, great breakfast, comfy rooms- would absolutely stay there again

https://www.hotelala.it

Posted by
1 posts

Love these replies.. that's exactly our situation come next May except we're cruising into Venice. Thank you all for your advice & suggestions.

Posted by
1046 posts

Another vote for Hotel Ala. right at the Giglio vaporetto stop. Amazing breakfast. Wonderful staff and extremely comfortable rooms. Easy walk anywhere!

Posted by
71 posts

A great area to stay is Cannaregio near the train station and Ponte delle Guglie vaporetto stop. The area is quite and nice neighborhood restaurants, less of a tourist crowd. Easy to take the vaporetto or walk in to the Piazza San Marco area. I love it there. I have stayed at Hotel Filú and Ca’Pozzo, both nice places and great rates.

My vote is for the Hotel Bernardi. A short walk to the vaporetto station. We have stayed there at least 3 times and we are always treated as valued guests. Quiet street. Many wonderful restaurants nearby, Great value.