Please sign in to post.

Venice hotels

We are trying to decide on a hotel in Venice for 3 nights. There are five of us which makes accommodations harder to find. I've researched, read guidebooks and emailed some hotels directly. We will be staying in apartments in other cities, but want to stay in a hotel in Venice. We are looking at Hotel Bisanzio, Hotel Al Piave and Hotel Ponte Mocenigo. These hotels have suites which would accommodate our family. If you can give advice regarding any of these hotels, it would be appreciated.
Also, open to other suggestions in case I've missed any. We are looking for a suite to accommodate 5 for 3 nights in June. We want to be close to the sights, restaurants and shops. We will be taking a private water taxi so a close stop would be a great bonus. Our budget is 450- 600 euros per night. Thank you.

Posted by
20990 posts

Love the Bisanzio. Our go-to Venice hotel. It is straight back from the Riva about 100 feet.

Posted by
1059 posts

My only choice in Venice is Hotel Ala! In between San Marco and the Accademia - at the Giglio vaporetto stop. Excellent, huge, breakfast buffet. hotelala.it

Posted by
893 posts

Out of those 3 hotels we have only stayed at Al Ponte Mocenigo which we enjoyed very much! Typical Italian breakfast with very nice cappuccino. The room we had was not a suite but was very large and comfortable. There is a lift and the front desk people were extremely helpful. They were very familiar with the RS tours and had some of his books for people to borrow.

We would not hesitate to stay there again!

Have a Great Trip and let us know what you decide and how it goes!
Mimi

Posted by
7059 posts

Hotel Ala is where we stay
It is right at the SM Giglio dock and I am pretty sure they have a few “family rooms”

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks everyone!
I looked at Hotel Ala, but in the search it says “adult recommended”. Is it family friendly? Our kids are 10, 14, and 17.

Posted by
7059 posts

Hotel Ala is family friendly.
I don't know why site says that, they have family rooms for pete's sake!

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks, maybe it was just advertising. It looks like a great hotel and I will email about their family rooms.

Posted by
1059 posts

About Hotel Ala: I don't know where that advertising came from but I've stayed there every year for maybe 12 years now. It isn't cheap (well, it isn't expensive by Venetian standards) but I've always encountered families with children of many ages. There are some rooms, if you look at the web site, that have mirrors over the bed - why would I want to watch myself sleep? The hotel used to be part of the Best Western chain but went independent about 3 or 4 years ago and have upgraded their advertising to push the bar (good drinks, fun bartenders). Maybe that is part of their adult friendly campaign? I certainly have never encountered anything or behavior that would not be suitable for children. I'd be interested in your experience and believe me, if there is a problem I'll bring it to their attention. They all know me by first name and save the same room for me every year.

Posted by
34 posts

We stayed at Al Pave on the Best of Europe tour. We loved the hotel and breakfast. It is a bit off the beaten track but I would stay there again.