Please sign in to post.

Venice Hotels

Hello everyone,

My family of five is staying in Venice for three nights, arriving on 1/1/14 and departing on 1/4/14.

I am having trouble finding a suitable hotel. Some of the hotels which we looked at, such as the Foresteria Levi and Hotel La Residenza, seemed a little shabby in terms of room size and quality.

For reference, we have booked the Hotel Duomo in Florence and Relais Teatro Argentina in Rome, which both are the quality level we are looking for.

Do you guys have any suggestions for more suitable, but not outrageously expensive hotels in Venice? We would prefer to keep the cost under two thousand dollars for three nights in a double and triple room.

Thanks for all the generous help,
Eric

Posted by
7737 posts

At an average of $333 a night per room for your budget, you should have tons of options. Have you tried booking.com or venere.com?

Posted by
7307 posts

Hi Eric,

i searched on Expedia and found some nice family suites that would hold everyone. Also, there are several options in your price range for two rooms. I won't recommend any because you can gauge them from the pictures & reviews as to what you prefer the most.

Avoid staying in Mestre because it's on the mainland instead of the islands. There were some options in the Castello neighborhood, but for the best locations, try to acquire something near San Marco-to-Rialto bridge general area.

Posted by
1046 posts

take a look at hotelala.it you should be able to do quite well there - I stay there every year for at least a week. great location, excellent breakfast, wonderful rooms, very nice and helpful staff. make sure you check out their specials - you might save a bit more.

Posted by
137 posts

Eric,
My wife and I spent 2 nights at La Residenza Ca' San Marco, a nice B&B located about half way between the Rialto vaparetto stop 1 or 2 and Piazza San Marco. The décor was a little over the top for us but the food was great and room was very quiet at night. http://www.residenzacasanmarco.com/