Please sign in to post.

Venice hotels

Any suggestions for hotels in Venice for 2 of us and our 21 year old daughter? We will share a room so would prefer it not to be too small. Under 200 euro would be preferable. It's for July. Thanks

Posted by
4105 posts

Sarah, We stayed at" Locanda Novo .it " The room, a triple . was very large and fairly well appointed. It had 2 doubles and a single sleeper sofa. Think it was called the Doges Room. The location was very easy to find, just a few blocks off
the Grand Canal. I think the vaporetto stop was Ca'D'Ore. You walked to the main cross street, turned right then down 3-4 blocks then turned left for a block then another right. Sorry, I don't know the names of the streets, but they should easy to find on a Venice map.

Posted by
247 posts

Sara,
Check Al Portico Guest House in Venice.

Posted by
1018 posts

A suggestion would be to look at venere.com and tripadvisor.com for properties because both will give you many choices, pricing, map locations, and client reviews. In 2008 we stayed at the Hotel Abbazia in the Canereggio section near the Santa Lucia train station on a quiet calle (alley). It is a former Carmelite Monastery, which has been converted into a nice hotel. Buon viaggio,

Posted by
25 posts

We always stay at this place.. Bed and Breakfast Gli Angeli (Sonia) - Venice Castello 2161 - Campo de la Tana - Venice
877-662-6988 Sonia is the best, you wont be disapointed...

Posted by
81 posts

Thanks all. Anyone had any experience with "paying cash at time of check-in" for lowest rates? It makes me a little nervous to pay the full amount before any experience with the hotel.

Posted by
103 posts

Interesting...I've paid cash but never for more than the first night of my stay (unless I was taking advantage of a promotional pre-pay that included a discount). I too am curious if pre-paying for the entire stay is common.

Posted by
32813 posts

"I too am curious if pre-paying for the entire stay is common." I've made many trips to Venice. I have often paid the first night, but never the balance. Sometimes it was easier for me to pay additionally as the days passed (go to ATM, take money back to room, repeat in a few days) or sometimes all at the end, but I never paid, or been asked to pay, the lot up front. Exception to the above, not in Venice, when staying at hotel chains like Accor, HI, Hilton, etc., many times a super rate comes with a debit the credit card, no changes, no cancel pay in advance rate. That's different in my mind...

Posted by
7737 posts

Consider also Pensione Guerrato, a RS fave of many years. We've stayed there twice and loved it. On the non-St.Mark's side of the Rialto Bridge, by the market.

Posted by
41 posts

We stayed in a triple (superior) at Ca Centopietre in Dorsoduro. It is less than a 5 min. walk to the Accademia vaporetto stop. It was 90 euro per night in July '09. The room was huge with a great bathroom. They have a lot of bookings for July already, but they might have your specific dates available. www.centopietre.net

Posted by
1446 posts

I paid in full in advance for an apartment in Rome & didn't have any trouble. I had researched the apartment on-line & saw that the reviews were all favorable so I wasn't too concerned. If the hotel seems reputable, I wouldn't be too nervous. Happy travels.

Posted by
73 posts

Sarah We used one of Rick's recommendations the Pension Alberto.
It is a short distance to the Riaolto Bridge. Clean with continental breakfast and in Nov/10 we paid 150.00 euro for a room for 2.

Posted by
83 posts

We stayed a week at the Hotel Galleria, room 10. On the Grand Canal at the Academia Bridge, Dorsoduro. Xlnt. spot. Unforgettable canal view. As I recall, this room and maybe 2 others are this good. The rest of the rooms in the hotel, not so. Be sure to inquire about the view rooms.

Posted by
299 posts

Locanda Orseolo, Locanda Orseolo, Locanda Orseolo! We had two rooms, one was a triple with a canal view. This was TripAdvisor's #1 pick when we went last summer. This place made our stay in Venice - truly. The breakfast is included and was beyond expectations - with the owners making our kids crepes with little heart shaped cookies on them. Clean and quiet, close to St. Mark's Square. Have fun! http://www.locandaorseolo.com http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187870-d256241-Reviews-Locanda_Orseolo-Venice_Veneto.html

Posted by
7737 posts

FWIW, I believe Kim means Pensione Guerrato - a wonderful place to stay in Venice.

Posted by
13 posts

Sarah, If you want to stay near the train station we have used these two hotels and have been very happy: Hotel Dolomiti and
La Locanda di Orsaria Marisa