Please sign in to post.

Venice Hotels

I had to change my vacation dates and I was unable to geta room at Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo for my new dates.

I have found a hotel Called Hotel Ca Dogaressa ....it's 220 europs per for a Jr. Suite with a Canal view ....has anybody stayed at this hotel ?

I'm looking for a nice place to stay with a king bed ( since I cannot sleep in a small bed ) does anybody have any recommendations ?

Posted by
10344 posts

Pensione La Calcina, you can get a room facing the Giudcecca but you have to ask for it and of course pay more, if a view is important to you. Most rooms don't have the view and are less although still pricey (it's Venice).

Posted by
891 posts

My husband and I have stayed at Ca Dogaressa both times in the Jr. Suite, Canal View. The hotel is small with very friendly people. The room was very large and the bathroom was great and spotless. We loved the Canal View, I had picked it and it turned out to be exactly what we wanted. The canal Canareggio is more quiet at night than the Grand Canal, which is good. We loved a lot of walking and didn't want to stay close to the touristy areas. Paolo is the owner and a very nice man, Danielle is the young man who runs the front desk. The breakfast is just enough to get you going. We loved being in this location, more of a neighborhood than a tourist area, close to the train station. Nice little wine shop a block or so before you get to the hotel. mini fridge in the room. Paolo took our camera outside and took pictures of my husband and I leaning out of our window. Have a great time! Check the rooftop if you're there in warm weather.

Posted by
12172 posts

We called Hotel d'Art. We were traveling as a family of five and got a nice two-bedroom apartment (no canal view) for a very reasonable price. The apartment wasn't in their hotel but was owned by the hotel. I would contact them, tell them what you want and see what they come up with.