Please sign in to post.

Venice Hotel recommendations

Spending 3 nights in Venice after our RS tour in late October. I need a hotel recommendation, Thank you!

Posted by
6361 posts

Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo is our favorite. Quiet, great staff, close to a vaporetto stop (SanStae) and train station.

Posted by
4990 posts

We like Hotel Ai Mori d'Oriente, on the quiet back canals of the Cannaregio area of Venice. This is an area of peace, no crowds, and quiet Venetian charm. Good luck.

Posted by
4981 posts

If possible, contact the RS office and see if they can tell you which hotel will be used for the tour. Then try to extend your stay there. Will eliminate the hassle of relocating.

Posted by
1826 posts

We stayed at UNA Hotel Ala Venezia a few weeks ago and were very happy with that hotel. Excellent breakfast, good location about ten minutes from San Marco Square one way Accademia Bridge the other way, yet in a reasonably quiet location on a campo. The hotel has a lift and a dock for the water taxi.

Posted by
86 posts

only been to venice for two nights but thumbs up to Santa Marina Hotel. great breakfast, convenient and didovich passteria next door...excellent treats.

we covered a ton of ground in little time from here....

Posted by
218 posts

We really enjoyed our stay at Pensione Guerrato last October. I thought the location was great. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Posted by
26 posts

We have stayed at Pensione Guerrato twice, each time with our four kids. It's in a great, central location. And it's run by very kind people. I believe the RS tours stay there as well.

Posted by
153 posts

Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo is our favorite also. The rooms are beautiful and the people who run the hotel can't do enough for you. Very convenient location - the hotel is steps off the Grand Canal, directly behind the San Stae church and the San Stae vaporetto stop, not far from the train station.

Posted by
15643 posts

On my last visit, I stayed at Corte Campana Bed & Breakfast, a short walk from San Marco. They only have 3 rooms so check it out ASAP. It was fantastic. (recommended to me by someone on the forum) and a 10-minute walk to the vaporetto without any bridges.

Posted by
330 posts

Adding to Chani…we are currently at Corte Campana. Grace and Riccardo are lovely and helpful. Quiet yet close (enough) to San Marco.

Posted by
1049 posts

I wasn't able to stay at Hotel Ala, right at the Giglio vaporetto stop, this year - tried to book it too late - but in many previous visits I found this hotel to offer everything I wanted: location, comfort, amazing breakfast, great staff. Prices are reasonable, considering it's Venice. I'm looking forward to staying there again and again - I just have to get my travel plans done earlier!