Please sign in to post.

Venice Hotel Recommendation

Looking for recommendations for a hotel in Venice, (Around $200 a night if possible) Thank you

Posted by
2752 posts

We were very happy with Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo, stayed there again on our 2nd trip. Venice is expensive, so not sure what "moderate" means here. I believe this is in the "moderate" range.

Posted by
7338 posts

Hi Angelina, you will get several helpful responses if you can give us a monetary range you are considering to be moderate - $/night for x number of people in the room. Also, the time of year matters, so which month are you considering?

Posted by
38 posts

We’ll be in Venice mid July and by moderate I mean around $200 a night. I need two rooms, that is why I’m trying to stay around 200 a night.

Posted by
25 posts

I can tell you one not to stay at, Antigo Trovatore. Great location but we and other guests on our recent tour were eaten alive by mosquitos. We did not have the windows open but they must have been open earlier before we checked in. We woke up around 4am and began killing the buggers because we started itching and we could hear them flying around our heads. I had over 25 bites on my upper torso and face that night. There was a can of bug spray in the rooms and you could see the spots on the wall where people had been killing the bugs.

Posted by
4869 posts

Regarding mosquitos, we had that problem in another hotel in Venice in April. I guess they breed in the canals, not sure it is any hotels' fault. The windows in hotels in Venice do not have screens, generally, so if it's warm enough to open the windows at night, the buggers come in. Swat!

Posted by
143 posts

Back in 2016 we stayed at hotel arcadia which is a short walk from the train station and very easy to find. Depending which days of week you are looking for, it looks like there are some days where rates are around the range you are looking for. If/when we return we will definitely consider staying there again.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
7338 posts

Hi Angelina, thanks for the details. I just looked up one that we have enjoyed, and it fits in your price range. It’s Hotel Ala. Their name on Booking.com is “ UNAHOTELS Ala Venezia-Adults 16”.

Posted by
30 posts

Here's another recommendation for Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo. We were there for 2 nights earlier this month. Lovely rooms, A/C great breakfast served in their garden, weather permitting and the staff was excellent. The biggest plus for us was it is a 1-2 minute walk from the vaparetto stop with no turns or bridges to cross. The hotel is in a relatively quieter section of Venice. Don't miss dinner at Osteria La Zucca which is a 5 minute walk away-you must make reservations. It was one of the best meals we had in Italy!

Posted by
150 posts

Agree with the posts about Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo. We've stayed there a few times, found it to be very reasonably priced for Venice, and highly recommend it. The hotel itself is beautiful, the owners are very helpful, service is excellent, and the location is convenient...right next to the San Stae church, which is only one vaporetto stop from the train station.

Posted by
38 posts

We are booked at the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo. I chose that hotel because it was mentioned by a few people. Thank you all for your suggestions. Appreciate your help!

Posted by
603 posts

I hope you enjoy staying at Al Ponte Mocenigo as much as I did last year! The proprietors were always helpful and the breakfast staff were very friendly.

And I’ll recommend the neighborhood “square”, Campo San Giacomo dell’Orio, just a few minutes’ walk from the hotel. In the late afternoon/early eve, the kids were out playing before supper and we would take in the scene while enjoying gelato from the local shop. The campo also has a convenient Coop grocery store and at least one restaurant.

Have a wonderful time!