Please sign in to post.

Venice Hotel

My husband and I are planning to be in Venice 5/17-19. I have emailed and checked reservations for at least 20 hotels and have been told there are no rooms available. I think it may be that we are checking out on a Saturday and they want a weekend booking. Does anyone have any hotel suggestions or do I need to change my dates.

Posted by
1201 posts

The likely problem is that the Americas' Cup yacht folks are having an Americas' Cup Global sailing event in Venice from May 12 Through May 20. Most likely that rooms are really not available for your dates. Try www.venere.com for hotels Similar to hotels.com in the US for bookings.

Posted by
224 posts

Why not consider a hotel in the nearby little city of Verona? The train ride is slightly over one hour each way. I did this once when I had a eurail pass and it was very nice (after all it was the setting for the Romeo and Juliet story and has a completely intact coliseum from the same age as the partially dismantled one in Rome). There are lots of small family-run hotels and pensiones. You might be pleasantly surprised!
Ciao!

Posted by
16369 posts

Verona is lovely, but it is not Venice. I suggest you follow Ron's advice and use veneer.com or a similar booking site to find places with availability for your dates. You can then reserve on thar website, or directly with the hotel on their own website.

Posted by
15 posts

Thanks for your suggestions. We used venere.com and found a great little place by the Rialto Bridge.