Please sign in to post.

VENICE HOTEL

WE ARE IN OUR LATE 70'S AND NEED A VENICE HOTEL WITH AN ELEVATOR, INROOM BATHROOM AND EITHER TWIN BEDS OR 2 DOUBLES. ALSO AS A DIABETIC I NEED TO BE ABLE TO EAT BREAKFAST AT A REASONABLE TIME. ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHERE TO STAY AND WE DO NOT SPEAK ITALIAN AT ALL. THANKS

Posted by
2788 posts

Do you have a copy of RS Venice Guide Book yet? If so, good. If not, you should get it as it is full of useful information about places to stay in Venice. It is also not necessary to post your questions in all capital letters. Just notice what others are doing for examples.

Posted by
16352 posts

You could try using the Tripadvisor search function, selecting hotels with "wheelchair access" even if you don't need that---there is no selection for "elevator" but this should do it. Then select a few choices and e-mail directly to request a room with two beds. Hotel Londra Palace comes to mind. I don't think speaking Italian will be an issue at most of the higher-end hotels. Nor will brreakfast, but you might want to carry an emergency supply of food you can eat if necessary.

Posted by
26 posts

We booked an apartment through Home Away Holiday rentals.
They offer everything you are asking for. Just takes a little time to do the research. We loved our apartment and having a full kitchen was a bonus.

Posted by
265 posts

We stayed at Hotel Bel Sito in Campo Giglio. The hotel has a working elevator. It does have a couple (2) of steps up the elevator, but nothing steep or quirky. It has on suite bathroom with a small closet. The bedroom we had was tiny but clean and quiet. I believe the breakfast was served starting at 7:00 am, you can e-mail them to find out. The hotel is serviced by Vaporetto #1, to the Giglio stop and about a 50 yard walk to the hotel. This could save you some money by taking the bus from the airport to Piazza Roma terminal, hop on the Vaporetto #1 and get off at your stop. If you prefer the more expensive water taxi, they have a direct entrance in the back. If you don't speak Italian, no problem, they speak english. Their web-site is http://www.hotelbelsitovenezia.it/ita/index.aspx
Check out reviews and pictures at TripAdvisor.com. My review has a picture of Ava Gardner.

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks to all who responded to my Post. Lots of good information that I will investigate later today.

Posted by
891 posts

Carole, Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo has an elevator, and many rooms to choose from. The room they put us in is off the entryway with a glass door that opens onto the courtyard that you walk through to get to the entrance door. The bedroom is very large with what felt like a king size bed and a very big bathroom. We did not see the other rooms, but talked to other travelers that were very happy with them. But my main reason for writing is the "breakfast at a reasonable time" I have a friend who is recently diagnosed with diabetes and she has to be careful of her carbs. Most Italian breakfasts in hotels do not provide many proteins, but instead are pastries and breads and some fruits. Some have yogurt, and a bit of ham. So I would check specifically if I were you to see about that, or as another writer suggested, check into an apartment so you can fix your own breakfast. You don't need to speak fluent Italian to enjoy Venice or Italy, but it is more fun if you know a few words. The RS phrase book is easy to use as he have the words, translations and phonetic pronunciations. Have a great trip
Mimi