Please sign in to post.

Venice Hotel

I asked this question before but I will ask again since the recommendations you made and I tried are full the days we want to stay in Venice. So please any good recommendations for a hotel in Venice. Mainly looking for good location, clean and good water pressure ( seems to be something often commented on when reading reviews).

Posted by
123 posts

We stayed at La Colonnia in May and loved it. You might try it.

Posted by
1003 posts

I immensely enjoyed the Ca Dei Dogi - literally around the corner from the Doge's Palace, quiet, only 6 rooms or so, comfy, friendly, breakfast included, rooftop terrace, great value.

Posted by
712 posts

We just stayed at a small hotel I just loved. It is called the Hotel Flora. It is down a tiny alleyway not far from St. Mark's square. It had a cute quiet courtyard. The staff was wonderful. We had breakfast every morning. We found out about it on the Karen Brown website. It has an elevator. Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard. They have a bar for it's patons. I loved coming "Home" to relax and have a cappucino outside in the court yard. I guess it would depend on the price range you are looking for. I'd definitely stay there again.
Their web site is: http://www.hotelflora.it/dynalay.asp?PAGINA=236

Posted by
423 posts

Bill, I don't recall if you said you had used a website such as:

http://www.venere.com

That way you can put in your dates and see who may be avaiable.

Posted by
139 posts

Thanks Marie. I just checked and they quoted on line 520 euro. I assume that is for the two nights. Is that in the range you paid. Our stay is a Friday and Saturday night so I expect to pay more.

Posted by
800 posts

Another vote for Hotel Flora - the staff was great, we had a big room for our family of 4, good recommendations for dinner, nice garden for breakfast.

I like to use karenbrown.com (or her books) for accomodationst that are usually nicer than Rick's. Good luck!

Posted by
705 posts

Pensione Accademia was great and reasonably priced. It's a couple of minutes walk from the vaporetto stop and had a good breakfast and the water pressure must have been good or I would have remembered.

Posted by
160 posts

Bill,

I have stayed at Hotel Arcadia a couple of times. It is in a great location, inexpensive. It is located in the Cannaregio section of Venice, just around the corner from the train station. It is a lovely area. Hope this helps.

Posted by
27 posts

Bill,

We stayed at Locanda al Leon in July. They were doing some renovations, but our room was extremely clean and quiet. No problems with water pressure. The staff was friendly. It is located near the San Zaccaria vaporetto stop, east of St. Mark's Square.

Enjoy Venice!
Kay
Powder Springs, GA

Posted by
712 posts

We love using the Karen Brown books and websites when planning our trips. She has Bed and Breakfast books and Charming Hotel books. Her website is www.karenbrown.com - She has things in all different price ranges. We have used her advice numerous time in England, also in Ireland, Switzerland, France, Washington State, and now this past September in Italy. We have stayed in thatched room bed and breakfasts, a beautiful bed in breakfast in Burgandy with the grapes growing outside of our door, a working farm, etc.