Please sign in to post.

Venice Hotel

Looking for a recommendation for a hotel near the train station.
Too old to struggle with loading luggage on and off the vaporetto.
Thanks

Posted by
6180 posts

Vaporetto access is level
Just roll on/ roll off
Easier than a train!

If you stay near station make there are no bridges to cross

We love Hotel Ala
Right at SM Giglio stop, roll off vaporetto and walk about 20 paces to hotel door
No bridges
Quick walk to San Marco, in a very quiet campo

Posted by
3961 posts

We enjoyed a week at Hotel Flora. hotelflora.it
Less than 5 minutes from SM Giglio stop. Family owned hotel in a quiet spot, and minutes to San Marco, etc. Full breakfast buffet, all pastries made in house. Their “magic garden” was extra special to enjoy breakfast or relax after a day sightseeing. Lovely accommodation.

Posted by
561 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Olimpia Venice, which is walking distance from the train station. Excellent breakfasts!. Two doors down is the Hotel Arlechino, which a lot people also recommend and a lot of cruisers stay at the Hotel Santa Chiara. You do have to walk over the pedestrian bridge to get to any of these three hotels, but we did it with no problems wheeling our luggage behind us.

Posted by
1207 posts

I prefer to stay at Hotel Al Ponte Mocinigo, which is only 3 stops from the train station at the San Stae vaporetto stop, and about 200 feet from the stop, with no bridges or stairs between the stop and the hotel. However, if you really don't want to deal with the vaporetto at all, I can recommend Hotel Villa Rosa, which is about a 5 minute flat walk from the train station (no bridges or stairs). It's up a small alley/street from the main walking street that leads from the train station to San Marco. It's a decent, clean, place, with friendly staff, though our room was a bit dark. If stairs matter to you, check if there are rooms on the ground floor; I'm not sure if there is an elevator. We stayed there one night in order to be close to the train station for a very early morning departure. I think that I wanted to stay at Hotel Santa Lucia, on the same street, but they were fully booked. You might want to go on booking.com, and look at the hotels in that general area. I suggest that you do NOT stay in a hotel on the main street (it's named "Rio Tera Lista di Spagna on my google maps).... lots of noise there.

Posted by
20218 posts

Hotel Continental. On the Grand Canal 200 meter walk from the train station with no bridges to cross.