Please sign in to post.

Venice Hotel

Looking for recommendations for hotel in Venice. Try to keep the nightly rate $250 and below. Obviously, location is key. Past time there we stayed at the Hilton on Guidecca(sp), nice property, but not convenient for sightseeing on the main island….TIA

Posted by
4078 posts

https://alpontemocenigo.com/ is where we stayed in 2017. Loved the location which is about a 15 minute walk to St Mark's Square and about a 30 second walk from the San Ste Vaporetto station. Plenty of restaurants in the area.

Posted by
3961 posts

We stayed a week at Hotel Flora. Conveniently located in S. Marco, but tucked away in a quiet area. https://www.hotelflora.it/
Edited to add: Vaporetto stop is Giglio- same stop for Hotel Ala as mentioned below. 6 min. easy walk!

Posted by
2714 posts

We had a good stay at Rosa Salva Hotel in San Marco. Very short walk to S Marco Square but quiet. They were very helpful retrieving my SIL’s passport after she lost it.

Posted by
317 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Al Codega the last time we were in Venice and it was lovely. Perfectly situated halfway between the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark's Square, five minutes from each. The room was very nice and the breakfast was great. There is a small canal very close by too which we utilized for our private water taxis. I plan to stay at this hotel again the next time we are in Venice. If I am remembering correctly the price was right in your range of $250 per night. I hope this helps. Please reach out if you have any other questions.
Happy travels!

Posted by
1046 posts

Check out Hotel Ala (hotelala.it). Amazingly beautiful hotel right between the Accademia and San Marco at the vaporetto stop Giglio. Wonderful breakfast buffet, rooftop deck, bar and staff.

Posted by
973 posts

Janis, we are booked at Hotel Flora for May. Any suggestions, or comments about it? I couldn’t decide between there and Hotel Ala.

Posted by
2943 posts

That depends on how you are arriving i.e., by plane or train. If arriving by plane you can take a bus to Piazzale Roma and sleep in San Polo. If arriving by train sleep in Cannaregio. This would be easier than having to board a vaporetto (water bus) from the bus or train station and then having to find your hotel from a vaporetto bus stop.

Posted by
3961 posts

@Lulu- Hotel Flora was recommended by friends who stayed there. We chose a larger comfortable room that had a view of their “magic garden.” We were there at the end of Aug. 2018 and enjoyed our wonderful breakfasts in the garden. They bake all their pastries on site and everything was wonderful! The staff were very accommodating when we asked for directions and restaurant recommendations. The location was convenient to sites and we walked off-the-beaten-path to avoid the midday crowds. The hotel is family run and we still receive their newsletter every month. They were very fortunate to survive the pandemic. The website does a great job describing the ambience of this quiet lovely property. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Posted by
8340 posts

I enjoyed looking at each of these hotels online. I do have to say that Hotel Flora is in a different budget strata than the others and does not match the nightly budget quoted by the OP.

Posted by
6015 posts

Another vote for Hotel Ala
We’ve stayed there twice and absolutely would again
Perfectly located 2 min from vaporetto dock, no stairs or bridges
Quiet campo but still close to San Marco
Excellent bkft, rooftop terrace, comfortable rooms

Posted by
6 posts

MaryPat, thank you for that advice. Flying into Venice next Sat and do not have hotel res yet.
Can you (or anyone else) recommend a reasonable hotel in San Polo? Thank you.

Posted by
8340 posts

If you are flying in, then you have two moderately priced options.
1. Bus and then transport to hotel (if not walkable from station)
2. Alilaguna water shuttle from the airport.

If you are near a stop for either a vaporetto or the Alilaguna shuttle than you should be fine.

Those who gave you the Hotel Ala suggestion mentioned it was a short walk with no stairs from the Aliliguna dock to the hotel. That sounds pretty reasonable. I looked and saw it is currently listed as no availability for your date.

1. Hotel San Cassiano, Residenza d'Epoca Ca'Favaretto [I have reservations here later in the year, but have not stayed here yet. Close to a vaporetto/Aliliaguna stop (San Stae) on the grand canal. Not very far from Rialto Bridge. 5 minute walk and two bridges from the stop.
  2. Hotel Flora is listing a price within in your budget for October 30th $175 approx. It certainly has good reviews. I think you need to go ahead and pick a hotel, make reservations, and as long as it is reasonably priced and reasonably located, go for it.
Posted by
6015 posts

Just to clarify
Both Hotel Ala and Hotel Flora are steps from the SM Giglio vaporetto stop- dock is also used by the alilaguna boats but you don’t need to take alilaguna, a vaporetto is fine

We did take the alilaguna from the airport - it was easy and meant no transfer ( bus then vaporetto)

Posted by
33 posts

Hi - we stayed a few days at Hotel Casa Verardo - Residenza D'Epoca - a nice family run establishment off a quiet little canal and only a small walk away from the big Piazza San Marco. Also well situated away from the big traffic areas with plenty of small shops and restaurants around it. The family was very friendly - all locals - and a cool dog! :) Nice quiet Patio Garden to relax and have a Sprtiz! as you plan the day. Cost was under your 250$ - the rooms and breakfast were nice.
Note - do try to hire a boat to do a real tour of Venice the way the locals experience it - traveling in the side and outer canals and to the residential areas. Great experience thats not so touristy.

OR - go big and use miles/points and go to the DANIELE! :) but the taxes alone per night will blow the $250 budget :)

Posted by
3961 posts

I will add that Hotel Flora has excellent reviews on Booking.com. We frequently check their reviews and find them to be very reliable. We booked from the hotel website. As mentioned you may find a date that fits your budget $250 or below. We did!

Posted by
75 posts

We’ve stayed at Hotel Giorgione the last couple times-near Ca’ Doro vaporetto stop. They have an outdoor pool! Not sure when you’re going but it was great to have when we there in July several years ago.