Please sign in to post.

Venice Guide

I just wanted to comment that I am recently back from a 4 day trip to Venice, that rounded out 2 weeks in the Mediterranean region.
As part of the Venice trip I booked a 3 hour tour with Nadia from ‘A Friend in Venice’, noted in Rick’s Italy guidebook, and had to express how much my sister and I enjoyed her tour!
She set up a behind the scenes Venice walking, water taxi, and surprise photo-op/refreshment break at the Palazzetto Pisano Boutique Hotel on the Grand canal for us, as part of a tour called ‘Venetian Experience .’ This unique tour was a one-of-a-kind experience that we will always remember!
Nadia has a number of other tour options available to choose from, all carefully put together with her team of drivers and business owners in Venice.

While a little bit more expensive than your run of the mill tours, if you’re looking for something extraordinary and unique, I highly recommend connecting with Nadia. She fills up quickly, so best to reach her via email. She’s very responsive. For reference , we were there during the Venice Film Festival, and booked about 4 months ahead.
Again, If you like off the beaten track, unusual options, this may be for you!
Enjoy!

-Diana

friendinvenice www.friendinvenice.com. #nadia #ricksteveseurope 🚤

Posted by
2 posts

I contacted Nadia and she suggested the Venice for Pleasure tour. . Is that what you did or did you have her create one for you? Any suggestions of places to include since we will be using her
Wendy

Posted by
6 posts

Hi Wendy - yes, ultimately that is the tour we decided on - Venice for Pleasure! I went back through my email with her to confirm.

We loved it because the one hour private water taxi gave us such a different perspective from the walking portion ( 2 hours). She avoids the typical tourist areas, but is willing to offer up areas to dine near them, if you want to explore on your own later, such as St Marks Sq, Doges Palace, etc. We didn’t suggest anything, but instead let her lead the entire tour.

If you have a favorite section of Venice you want to see, or if you are more interested in music, art, architecture, or academia, she can somewhat customize by concentrating on those points of interest in addition to giving you the history of how Venice came to be and survive through the ages.
She took us past a church where a choir was practicing and where they give free concerts in the evening; so let her know what you are interested in. I work in healthcare and she took us by one of the main hospitals, which was incredible to see the massive size and how the water ambulances 🚑 navigate via the canals.

I highly recommend reading Rick’s Best of Italy or Venice travel guide, if it will be your first time there.
Nadia will meet you at your hotel, AirBnB, train station, vaporetto stop or Restaurant. I’m not sure in what neighborhood you’ll be staying, but she is flexible on time of day and meet up locations. Our tour started at 4 pm - 7 pm, which allowed us to see the sun beginning to set, but if you are early birds, that works too.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you very much. Yes, it is our first time there. I think we are booked with her., but waiting for a confirmation since my original contact with her.