I'll be visiting Venice on the 26th-27th Dec. I have several queries:
1. Would shops be closed during those dates? I plan to visit Murano and Burano aside from the St Lucia Lagoon
2. How long would it be total to explore the Grand Canal by the gondolas or waterbus? I'd probably start from around St Lucia waterbus station (Ferrovia or PIe. Roma) up to St Marco Square?
3. Where is the best spot to actually explored by the gondolas? Is it going to be chilly, snowy or windy during my staying period?
4. If not staying in Lido, is it worth a visit? Which part of the northern beaches in Lido that's open to public? I read that mostly are private aside from 2 public beaches.
5. Lido or Maggiore Island? I read it's a good view back of the Lagoon from Maggiore but when I see from gmaps, it just looks like buildings facades across the water. perhaps if Maggiore is in higher ground, it would be a better viewing landscape imho.