Please sign in to post.

Venice - Doges Palace

When do you reserve a time/date for the museum visit when you buy tix online? I'm just at the payment section and I still don't see where I specify. Also, there is a reduction for "citizens" over 65. Do they mean Italian citizens only? Traveling early May this year.

Posted by
16894 posts

You don't reserve a date for general admission; only if you were reserving the guided Secret Itineraries tour to see an extra portion of the palace. The regular ticket will be activated when you enter this palace or one of the other covered museums. Buying it online simply means skipping a ticket-buying line when you're there. "This ticket is valid for 3 months and grants one single admission to the Doge’s Palace and the combined itinerary." The senior discount is at least limited to Europeans, if not just Italians.

Posted by
250 posts

We toured through Walks of Italy and had the best guide! He made you feel like you were there during the hey day of the times. Very informative! I hate wandering about on my own as I don't feel I get as much out of it. All of the tours we have taken with this company have been fabulous!

Posted by
278 posts

Speaking of Walks of Italy, depending on your dates, they do a handful of evening tours combining Doges with The Basilica. Not cheap but you have a small group after hours in both places. I looked at it as time saver for things I wanted to do daytime.