Please sign in to post.

Venice Connected?

Was it worth it to get that pass to attractions, Vaporeto, Wi-Fi, bathrooms etc...?

Posted by
11328 posts

We found the vaporetto pass to be a very good deal. Otherwise is is 6.50 euros per trip! Wi-FI we didn't use because our B&B had Wi-Fi. The bathroom pass was a joke. There were never Venice Connected bathrooms where we needed one. :-) Be sure the museum pass you buy suits your needs. In retrospect, we only benefitted from two museums on the pass, but it was the only way to get into the Doges Palace. So buy the vaporetto passes and enjoy hop on/hop off privileges for your entire stay. At http://veniceconnected.com you can buypasses before you leave the US at a signifcant discount.

Posted by
87 posts

I can second this advice as well. The vaporetto pass can be picked up at the train station when arriving, and is easily done and at quite a discount, more so the earlier you order them. You will use the vaporettos without giving the cost a second thought. The museum passes were not that discounted BUT, you have to pick them up at one of the museums themselves, i.e. the Correr, etc. I did not find them to be especially worth the trouble to order in advance. But the vaporetto passes - a 2 "thumbs up" from me.

Posted by
153 posts

We only used the vaporetto once - to leave (we arrived via Alilaguna from the airport), never saw a bathroom (weren't really looking) and used the wi-fi at the hotel; so, on our trip it wouldn't have been. I am not aware of the Museums on the pass, so can't really comment on that, but we only visited two while there The ticket we got for Doge's was the "secret itinerary" tour, only available from their website - This tour included Cassanova's cell and other of the "Secret" rooms - really just governing rooms - some that were pretty cool, but probably not available for the pass.

Posted by
492 posts

We bought the vaporetto pass from them and for us it was worth it. If you buy it at least two weeks before you go, there is usually a discount of some sort over buying the vaporetto pass when you get there. Never used the included wi-fi as our hotel had free wi-fi and never used the bathroom option either. We didn't bother with the museum pass, just the vaporetto pass. Depending on how many times you ride and which pass you buy and how many days you are there will determine if its worth it to you. If you plan to go out to some of the other islands, it can save you money almost right away.

Posted by
5520 posts

The last time I was in Venice, I bought a vaporetto pass and really enjoyed having it. I found that with the pass, I used the boat a lot as I would hop on and just go a few stops. On prior trips, I didn't have a pass and only used vaporetto on arrival and departure.

Posted by
62 posts

Depends on how long you will be there. I was there for one week and found the vaporetto pass alone was really worth it, no hassle, jump on jump off. As for the pass to attractions, I found myself using almost all of the museums and really enjoyed the smaller venues and churches that I probably would've ducked in to otherwise.

Posted by
7 posts

Has anyone used the wi-fi pass or can you speak of the coverage and speed? My hostel is supposed to have wi-fi but I read one review that said it wasn't good. Thanks!