Please sign in to post.

Venice Card

I want to know if Venice Card is a good idea? We really need it for transportation to and from the Airport and a
few gondola/boat rides and museums on the canal.
Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Thank you Rita

Posted by
636 posts

We got the Rolling Venice Card for my son (16, but he looks more like 20 or so), and they asked to see his passport.

Larry's right about taking the vaporetto more than you might expect to, especially if you island hop. We did 4 trips one day (1 to San Michelle, 1 to Murano, 1 to Burano, 1 return to Venice).

Posted by
636 posts

For us, the Venice Card was not worth it. But, instead, we bought the 72-hour vaporetto pass, which was most definitely worth it. (It takes just 5 vaporetto rides to pay for itself, which, even though we walked most of the time, was easy, especially if you're going to island hop.)

The Venice Card does provide more than the vaporetto pass, but, in our case, with what we were doing, it didn't get us anything else. So, it was not worth the extra money.

You need to look at both Venice Card options and see what's included, determine if you'll use that, and make a decision on that basis.

Posted by
636 posts

Another thing: I don't know how old you and who you're travelling with are, but, if you're between 14 and 29, you can get the Rolling Venice Card for 4 Euros, and then the 72-hour vaporetto pass is 18 Euros, rather than 31. And, they can both be purchased at the same Hellovenezia ticket counter.

Posted by
40 posts

Can anyone tell me where I can find the Hellovenezia ticket counter? My husband and I will be arriving by train and are interested in getting a Rolling Venice Card and the 72-hour vaporetto pass.

This seems like a silly question but do they look at the year you were born or the date? My husband will be turning 30 a couple of days after we leave Venice so technically he will still qualify for the pass. I just want to know what to expect. Thanks!

Posted by
6898 posts

There is a Hellovenezia booth just outside the main train station. As you stand on the front steps looking at the Grand Canal, it's to you right along the canal edge. Also, you will find yourself on the vaporettos more than you think. It's a great way to get around and definitely quite scenic as you're doing it. It's a great way to go a bit native.