Please sign in to post.

Venice

We are traveling to Venice for an overnight. Would love to know anyone who is there now or recently to share there experience! Is it safe? Where can you buy boots?

Posted by
11735 posts

Where can you buy boots?

Based on my daughter's experience when she was there during a high water event, folk selling boots, ponchos and umbrella were impossible to avoid.

Posted by
7209 posts

Many hotels give their guests the plastic sleeves/boots to cover your shoes and extended up you leg toward the knee.

Posted by
893 posts

Our hotel had a whole line of tall, black rubber boots for the customers to borrow. We didn't get to. Been there 3 times and missed aqua alta every time.

check www.skylinewebcams.com Live cameras in Venice. Go to Italy, the Veneto region and you will see some. You need to do it in the morning stateside because of the time change. Hard to see when it's dark in Venice.

Have a Great Trip!
Mimi

Posted by
33545 posts

Is it safe?

Venice has a very low crime rate. There are all those bridges in the way of a quick getaway.

Some drunks have been known to fall in the canals.

I don't know which you are referring to, but both are true.

Posted by
11735 posts

Dave--- great clip-----

have to wonder if it isn't a staged bit of 'comedic drama' ( why was the person recording him?)

Posted by
1287 posts

Clearly the selfie stick fool is not aware of how the sewerage system operates in Venice. Like it drains to the canals.
I never walk in Venice without shoes. Shoes dry out, infections can last.