Please sign in to post.

venice

early may we finish our cruise in venice. we plan on one night there before taking off to milan. any suggestions for a moderate priced room fairly close to the train station? thanks, rich

Posted by
7737 posts

Please define moderate in either dollars or euros. Thx.

Posted by
12172 posts

Sorry, I don't have a train station hotel to recommend...................We picked Hotel d'Art as a moderately priced choice near the Ryalto bridge. When I called them, we ended up with a decent apartment at a great price in that neighborhood (so only saw the lobby of the hotel, which was pretty tiny). The Vaporetti stop is just around the corner that will get you to the train station and it's an easy walk into Piazza San Marco...............I was happy with our choice and will try them again next time through Venice.

Posted by
11333 posts

Rich: Venice is so easy to get around in! Stay near Rialto or San Marco. The vaporetto is 20 minutes to the train station from San Marco. We liked Ai Tagliapietra, a B&B 5 minutes from the Vaporetto. 95 euros per night in early October including breakfast, a wonderful host. Check it out on Trip Advisor, then email Lorenzo through his website, AiTagliapietra.com.