Please sign in to post.

Venice Biennale 2023

Wondering if anyone has seen any of the Venice Biennale exhibitions this year?

Posted by
12 posts

Great question Sandra.
Fran, please post information about the biennale - will be in Venice early October. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
29 posts

Hey all- went today- to the architecture part - the Arsenale.

For the architecture at least, the regular ticket covers one visit to the Arsenale exhibits and one visit to the Garden. I had heard mixed reviews about the garden, and since we’re traveling with two kids we decided to start with the Arsenale exhibits and go from there. Theoretically you could visit both in one day, but it is a lot.

It was a little tricky finding the Arsenale because we haven’t been there before, it’s not really well depicted on maps and GPS is limited. Signage wasn’t particularly helpful for us, but might be for you if you’re familiar with the area. That said there are a few Vaparetto stops nearby so it is fairly convenient to get to.

The exhibits themselves were really incredible. Beautiful to look at, thought provoking and riveting (even for my kids). So much so, we wished we had arrived earlier (we arrived close to closing). It is definitely worth going to. In our case it was pretty empty and a nice respite from some of the crowds in other parts of Venice.

Tickets can be purchased from their website: https://www.labiennale.org/en - where you can also get passes with more days.

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you so much. Sorry for the delay in replying. You have inspired me!