Please sign in to post.

Venice B&B's

Has anyone stayed at "Alloggi alla Scala"? I'm on a tight budget but want to stay somewhere central, very clean and where others recommend.
Thanks.

Posted by
536 posts

Claire - Allogi alla Scala is perfectly fine - very small rooms located between Rialto and Piazza San marco in Campo Della Scala del Bovolo Square. Easy walk to the sights of Venice and price very fair - about 40 euros per night.
And Claire - Free tickets are available at all Hotels or on the street to go to The Island of Murano and the Island of Burano. You can sit and watch the glass - blowing demonstrations and then go on to Burano, a very picturesque Island featuring lace and embroidery. Also catch the "Battle of the Bands" in Piazza San Marco, as the cafes compete for your attention - listen and enjoy BUT do not sit down - the cover is expensive. Catch the Markets at Rialto - fascinating - And , of course, walk down the Grand Canal , with all it's vendors, street performers, restaurants, and beautiful sights.

Enjoy Venice, Ciao, Greg

Posted by
29 posts

Thank you very much for your reply. I have decided to increase my budget a bit for Venice and I think we will stay at Corte Campana B&B, as it had many more positive recommendations.

Ciao!

Posted by
7209 posts

Staying anywhere on Venice Island will put you close to everything. After all Venice is really not that big.

This past Summer we stayed at the B&B Venezia in St Elena area of Venice Island...right at the Naval Station. We love this area because of the green grass, trees, flowers, children playing in the park and Italian families out and about in their daily life. To me...much much much more enjoyable than expensive over-crowded San Marco.