Please sign in to post.

venice at night

ive heard venice is a very safe city is this true?

Posted by
101 posts

Yes! I never had one concern about my personal safety when I was there - even when I turned down a wrong alley! It's a wonderful city.

Posted by
32 posts

sounds good great to hear from you people in the usa get a different opinion from here in the uk

Posted by
11359 posts

Funny how the absence of personal motor vehicles reduces crime.... Come to think of it, I never felt at risk anywhere in Italy, even Rome. As Rick Steves reports, most crime is petty anyway: pick-pocketing, not mugging. And we never experienced any criminal or even suspicious behavior. Just keep your head about you. I still wear a moneybelt, though.

Posted by
7737 posts

Gary, it's kind of hard to understand what you're saying without punctuation, especially your latest comment.

Posted by
4152 posts

Punctuation would be a good thing and help us answer your questions more easily without us trying to figure out exactly what it is you're trying to ask. It's common courtesy. Donna

Posted by
833 posts

Yes, we can manage to understand you Gary, but it takes a little bit of time to decipher what you are saying. It would be easier if punctuation was included! sounds good great to hear from you people in the usa get a different opinion from here in the uk my translation: Sounds good, great to hear from you. People in the USA get (give?) a different opinion from (people) here in the UK. Are you a city or united supporter, Gary?

Posted by
7737 posts

And to me it read as "Sounds good. Great to hear from you people in the USA. (I) get a different opinion from (people) here in the UK."

Posted by
32 posts

im a united fan,have been all my life.i used to go to every game but i gave up my season ticket because i work shifts and its difficult to get to the games.we have a big game today away at west ham,if we get 3 points there it will go a long way towards another title but its a very hard game

Posted by
712 posts

My husband says it very safe, because you would need a boat to get out. We found it safe.

Posted by
73 posts

We were in Venice in November. We wandered all over at all times of the day & night. We had no problems at all. I loved St. Mark's at night.

Posted by
833 posts

I'm a United fan too! Was very happy about the outcome of the West Ham game.

Posted by
41 posts

Venice is perfectly safe at night. It's just that a maze that's a challenge to navigate gets harder to navigate when it's dark. The shops you were hoping to use for a landmark - gone as they roll down their gates. You can't tell a pizza shop from a gelato shop with the shutters rolled closed.
There are also less people to ask. We used the pop into a hotel and grab their card trick. Enjoy

Posted by
32 posts

thanks for all your replies there a great help,just cant wait to go now p.s. one hand on the trophy now!!