Please sign in to post.

Venice

What are the best accommodations in Venice. Clean and less than €100 a day.

Posted by
4152 posts

Best means different things to different people. Some people like to be in the middle of things and noise doesn't bother them. Others like to be where it's quiet without a lot of people. You need to be more specific in what you're looking for. Also, 100 euros isn't a lot so you may not be in the heart of the city if that's where you're looking to stay. Also, I don't think you'll have a problem finding a clean hotel. Those that have a rep for being dirty don't stay in business very long. Donna

Posted by
1446 posts

Hi Tom. Look at Ai Tagliapietra B&B; http://www.aitagliapietra.com/ I just got a quote from them of 90 euros/night & the reviews on Trip Advisor are good & the hotel seems like it's centrally located.

Posted by
11338 posts

We loved Ai Tagliapietra. 5 minute wlk from San Marco, clean as a whistle, and Lorenzo is a marvelous host. Makes great coffee!

Posted by
84 posts

Tom
We arrive in Venice on the 19th of October and decided to stay in Lido a 15 minute by Vaperattp. Villa Albertina seems good. We like a good night rest after partying in Venice. I read so many reviews that I found it discouraging and finally landed here. MM of Seattle

Posted by
32815 posts

Just curious, Laurel. Do you mean he makes great espresso in the Italian way or great American type coffee?

Posted by
11338 posts

Nigel:
I mean a good Italian cafe in a mokapot. I make it that way at home now. Yes, I still cave in to a nice big Starbucks Americano as that is our culture, but I really love that little shot of Italian stovetop espresso at home, first thing! My drip coffee pot is lonely. Laurel