Please sign in to post.

venice

i know im doing this very late but any recommendations on where to stay in venice, will have a full day and half before meeting up with villages of italy group in padova, not sure this is feasible but trying to get the most in, thoughts and suggestions please, thank you jean

Posted by
7062 posts

Hotel Ala
Great location with super easy access
At SM Giglio vaporetto stop
1 min walk no steps or bridges
Nice rooftop deck
Very good bkft

Posted by
1215 posts

Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo. Only 3 vaporetto stops from the train station and then about 200 flat feet (no bridges) to the hotel front door; lovely, quiet, excellent value. Also lots of Rick's groups stay at Hotel Pensione Guerrato. It's near the Rialto bridge, a flat walk from the Mercado vaporetto stop, but more steps to get into the hotel, and possibly to your room.

Posted by
3961 posts

We spent a week at the lovely family run Hotel Flora last fall. Easy 5 minute walk (no bridge) from Santa Maria del Giglio ACTV and Alilaguna Vaporetto station. We chose a comfortable well appointed room facing the breakfast garden. Centrally located and minutes to major sites. The breakfast buffet was the best we had in Italy! www.hotelflora.it

Posted by
1255 posts

When I did Village Italy, I stayed a day early in Padua and took the train to Venice. I missed out on the evening and early morning, though I suppose I could have stayed in Venice longer. Maybe weigh that against last minute trying to make arrangements in Venice? You could arrive in Venice free of luggage and not having to check into your hotel, hit the ground running, so to speak.

Posted by
4438 posts

I'll 2nd one of the posts that recommends Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo. Enjoyed our stay there. Customer Service was above and beyond expectations.

Posted by
365 posts

Hi Jeanmwatson,
When are your going and are there any limitations?

Lorie

Posted by
303 posts

Another enthusiastic vote for Hotel Ponte Mocenigo. It is steps from the San Stae vaporetto stop and located in a quieter area. Wonderful accommodations , service and breakfast.

Posted by
316 posts

We stayed at Hotel Le Isole. Wonderful hotel 5 minutes from the vaporetto stop San Zaccaria and st marks square