Please sign in to post.
Posted by
7278 posts

What’s your budget? What is a priority for you? Hotel, B&B, AirBnB type?

Posted by
23267 posts

Anywhere you like. Pick up Rick's guide book for Venice. That will provide a lot of options.

Posted by
8372 posts

I haven't been to Venice, yet. I am scheduled there at the end of August. This is what I have learned in my research. Hopefully it helps.

You need to pick a location that you prefer. Most people find that they either want to be near the rail/bus station for convenience with luggage or they choose to be somewhere near a Vaporetto Stop for ease of transfer. If you have big bucks and are going to pay for a water taxi, then these considerations really don't matter.

I'm staying here https://www.sancassiano.it/en/ I found it extremely reasonable for a solo traveler and have a good rate because I reserved so far in advance ($278 for 3 nights).

Other hotels mentioned in the guidebook and often recommended here are :
Hotel Flora, Hotel Mercurio, Pensione Guerrato, Hotel Ala

Posted by
3109 posts

Are you mobile and able to walk easily?
Can you haul luggage up and over many steps and bridges to get to your hotel?
Are you arriving into Venice by bus or boat from the airport?
What is your budget?
How many travelers?
Hotel or apartment?
Have you been to Venice, or Italy, or Europe before?
Length of stay?
What time of year?
For how many days?

All these questions need to be addressed, then we are happy to give you some help!

Posted by
8372 posts

LOL, SJ! You sound like a police interrogator. I agree that the more information that is given, it is easier to give useful information for the person who is requesting assistance.

Posted by
1223 posts

OK, instead of a bunch of questions, I will be so bold as to make a recommendation. We have spent a heap of time in Venice, some 11 months in total, spread over about eight visits.

Take a look at the area around Campo San Barnaba in Dorsoduro. Easy access by vaporetto, a little away from the most dense tourist traffic. Choices of places to eat.

I can’t recommend hotels, as we have always done apartments, but booking.com and using the map might work for you.

Posted by
59 posts

Hi Thank you very much! I am looking for a quite place for accommodation. Are some areas better than others for that?

Posted by
15582 posts

I have stayed in 3 different places in the quiet Dorsoduro area, but after my most recent stay (3 weeks ago) my recommendation is Corte Campana, a small B&B less than 5 minutes' walk from Saint Marks Square but incredibly quiet (I slept with an open window and never heard a sound). The charming hosts are terrific and can help you plan where to go, what to see, and where to eat. Riccardo is a native Venetian, Grace is an American "transplant." That allows them to see the city from the local and tourist views. The only down side of staying there was saying goodbye.

Posted by
2344 posts

Go to Google Maps, zoom in to an area that you'd like to stay in and find hotels of interest. Then do street views to see what the surrounding area looks like and what's nearby. Streets away from the main walkways and canals will be quieter. Read reviews to see what people are saying about the noise.

Posted by
1223 posts

On a map of Venice, draw a line from Piazle Roma to the San Basilio vaporetto stop. Don’t stay anywhere west of that line.
Also, for a first time visitor, don’t stay east of the Arsenale.

Posted by
78 posts

Hi…we were in Venice two weeks ago and it was our second time in this beautiful city. Both times we have been to Venice we have stayed in Giudecca. We have stayed at Al Redentore de Venezia which is an apartment hotel. When we stayed there, there was staff there in the morning but you were largely on your own. Great place for families and there is easy access to the rest of Venice via Vaporetto.

This last time, we stayed at the Hilton Molino Stucky which is a beautiful hotel. While you can still access the Vaporetto easily…just a short walk from the front door….the hotel offers its own water shuttle service. The hotel staff were great but they were particularly helpful in navigating though Covid policies and went so far to arrange our COVID departure test for our return to the USA at a local pharmacy. The Giudecca is a nice area to stay in and the frequency of Vaporetto traffic keeps you in easy touch with the rest of Venice.

Enjoy…..

Posted by
471 posts

Everybody has a different vision of travel. Only you can decide whether you want: a hotel, a hostel or an apartment. Basic? Luxury? On our trip to Venice, we booked a very nice hotel near a vaporetto stop in a room overlooking the Grand Canal. It was a memory that sustained me through two years of travel restrictions. Views are important to me but they aren't as much to others. Think about what feels right to you. Nail that down and it will be easier to give you recommendations.