Please sign in to post.

Venice

I know many of these topics have been discussed before so I apologize in advance as I am not savvy with the search engineer. If someone would kindly point me to the right direction concerning the following topics, I would really appreciated.

Is advance reservation necessary for the Doge Palace and Basilica? I will be there in mid September. Also, how do I get from San Marco to the airport? I will be taking public transportation.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by
466 posts

You'll take the vaporetto to the airport (remember there are no vehicles in venice only boats). You will not need advance reservations to Doge Palace and the Basilica is free (although there may be a line). Have fun and Happy travels!!!!!!

Posted by
1201 posts

Actually the vaporetto don't go to the aiport.

If you are staying near Piazza San Marco then you will need to do one of two things to get to the Marco Polo airport on public transit.

You can take a vaporetto to Piazzale Roma and then transfer to a bus for the ride to the airport. Two buses go to the aiport. The very orange ACTV bus is included in passes for the vaporetto. So if you still have a valid vaporetto pass you can use it, otherwise 2 euro cost.

The very blue ATVO bus also runs to the airport. It is an express and only stops at the terminal. Cost 3 euros and about 20 minutes.

the other option is to take the Alilaguna boat from Venice to the airport. there are stops near San Marco. Cost is 12 euros and takes about an hour.