Please sign in to post.

Venice

Wondering if anyone has been to Venice and stayed at hotel in a nice area near St Marks square? Looking for a reasonably priced hotel “$200-300” that they highly recommend. We have no handicap issues Please reach out. Thx Pam

Posted by
2982 posts

*What's reasonably priced, preferably in euros? Reasonable to you may be expensive to me or vice versa.
*How many people are traveling with you? Do you need a single room, double or more?
*Do you have any physical limitations? To reach most hotels you will walk over canal bridges. Some "reasonable" hotels may have stairs.
Without more information it's difficult to answer your question.

Posted by
5322 posts

More information would certainly be helpful. Specifically: dates, number of people, and price range in $ or €. Have a look on booking.com, and use their filters to refine your search. Having said all that, we've stayed 3 times at Hotel Campiello. It's 100 m from the San Zaccharia vaporetto stop and 200 m from P. San Marco. On a very quiet side street, and decent restaurants close by.

Posted by
53 posts

Hi Pam,
We've used a RS guidebook recommendation, Hotel Campiello, twice. It is pretty close to St. Marks Square and at the end of the vaporetto line (San Zaccharia). I would stay there again...convenient, pretty, and a great breakfast. Enjoy!

Posted by
1026 posts

We've stayed at the RS recommended BandB B&B Corte Campana several times. https://www.cortecampana.com
It's near San Mark's, well under your budget and we love it. The BnB experience is somewhat different to the hotel experience but we really like it.

I love Vencie, have a great time,
=Tod

Posted by
8825 posts

Our RS tour stayed at Hotel Mercurio, about 1/2 block from the La Fenice Theater. I have no idea what it costs.

Posted by
4139 posts

We stayed at Hotel Concordia which is just left of St. Mark’s basilica if you are looking straight on.
Lovely hotel. FYI, the entrance is on the backside of the square.
We were there this past September.

Posted by
319 posts

Hotel Al Codega is nice. It's right between St. Mark's and the Rialto Bridge (about 5 minutes from either one). The hotel staff was nice, breakfast was great and there is a small canal just steps away where the water taxi picked us up and dropped us off when we needed it.

Posted by
2982 posts

Since you haven’t come back to answer questions or said when, I’ll throw spaghetti on the wall and second hiredman’s B&B Corte Campana recommendation. I’m staying there for the second time in August.