Please sign in to post.

Venice

Anyone have any advice on taking a tour in Venice? Good tours? We have 2 full days there.

Posted by
8688 posts

The island is very walkable. No need to waste money on a tour. I'd use Rick's walking tour for the "main" sites. Not many tourists go to the east end of the island but there's a lovely park where you can sit and watch the sunset. Bella!

Posted by
253 posts

I suggest you get completely lost while there and wander around till you find something interesting to do. Its an island, And Venice has plenty to see without being toured to death by someone else.

Posted by
113 posts

I would suggest a guided tour only if you have something specific in mind, like an art tour. Otherwise a walking tour using Rick's or other guide books as your guide will get you to a lot of places.

Like Claudia says just get out and walk. You'll be amazed at what can be seen. If you happen to be there during Bienalle and follow their map to all of the venues, you will get a good walking tour on your own.

Posted by
113 posts

I would suggest a guided tour only if you have something specific in mind, like an art tour. Otherwise a walking tour using Rick's or other guide books as your guide will get you to a lot of places.

Like Claudia says just get out and walk. You'll be amazed at what can be seen. If you happen to be there during Bienalle and follow their map to all of the venues, you will get a good walking tour on your own.