Please sign in to post.

Venice Sights

Can the combo ticket for the Doge’s palace and the Correr museum in Venice be used to visit the two on two different days? Also, about how long would a good visit to the Accademia museum take?

Posted by
16893 posts

Yes, you can visit the covered San Marco area sites on different days, within 3 months: https://palazzoducale.visitmuve.it/en/pianifica-la-tua-visita/tickets/.

Rick's Venice book suggests about one hour to cover the highlights of the Accademia museum. (This extended description is not in the Italy book and has not been recorded as an Audio Tour.) But if you really get into what you find there, then I'm sure you'd spend longer.

Posted by
1878 posts

Thanks, this is a huge help. Knowing this I can see the Doge's Palace on Tuesday morning, Accademia on Tuesday afternoon, then the Correr on Wednesday morning before catching the afternoon train to Ravenna. I have never seen the Accademia but visited the other two several times so this works out great. Plus they have a special Leonardo exhibit just now at the Accademia. I just cannot imagine visiting Venice without yet another visit to the Doge's Palace!