Please sign in to post.

Vatican tours

Looking to book a Vatican museum and Sistine Chapel tour for the month of October 2024. We want to book it thru the official vatican museum site. When do all the tours open up to book ahead of time??? The site doesn’t seem to be open that far ahead yet.

Posted by
27608 posts

In the past, tour bookings seemed to open up quite a bit earlier than basic ticket sales. However, the Vatican Museums have made a lot of changes this year, so I wouldn't want to predict when October tours will open up. If I were in your shoes, I'd be checking the Vatican Museums website up to once a day. I know it's a pain in the neck, but the tours offered by the Vatican are quite a bit less expensive than the commercial options.

Posted by
90 posts

Right now all tickets are coming available 60 days in advance. They come up on the website at midnight, Rome time. You need to book a guided tour for individuals. I believe this includes the tour and the entry ticket. You select the language of choice, then book the time. They do seem to sell out within a day or two.