Please sign in to post.

Vatican tours

Which walking tour is the best:Through Eternity, Skip the Line, Roman Odyssey? We are looking at a tour that is about 4 hours, $60-$100 per person and gives us an overall tour. We are not art or history majors that need an indepth tour. We are 64 years old,not Catholic and in Rome for 3 days. I know everyone has their own opinion, but would like to know if anyone has had long lines or bad experiences with one of these tours. Thank you, Mary

Posted by
636 posts

I'll offer a suggestion that you didn't ask about: 3 Millennia. We used them at the end of June, and we were extremely pleased.

The tour was 3 hours long, was not a "skip the line", but we were assured that the 1:00 start time would avoid any lines, and they were right. We had absolutely no line whatsoever, including security.

Their website is out of date, so the tour that we took is not listed there. But, new for 2008, they added St. Peter's and reduced the maximum tour size to 10. But, it turned out to be just our family of 5, which was a wonderful surprise.

The owner of 3 Millennia, Tony Polzer, was extremely responsive to all of our communications. I would highly recommend 3 Millennia.