Please sign in to post.

Vatican Tours

Any recommendations for booking a tour to the Vatican?

Kay
Powder Springs, GA

Posted by
1883 posts

Angel Tours worked great for us in 2007. Find them online, sign up for day/date/time. Show up at appointed hour, pay them then. They give you extra time and lots of info. Very friendly guides. Pick the "skip the line" tour - costs a bit more, but you do no wait in line at all outside, special entrance into the museum.

Posted by
1127 posts

The Vatican is accepting reservations for general entry so there is no need to pay extra for a tour that skips the line.

Posted by
76 posts

We used Through Eternity for our tour of the Vatican and it was wonderful. They have a great website and touring with them was well worth our time and money. While in Rome, we also used this group for the Twilight Tour, and the Coliseum and Forum tour. They make the history come alive and I would highly recommend this company. The size of the group they take on the tours is limited also, which is very nice. Enjoy!!

Posted by
267 posts

we enjoyed our vatican tour with angel tours. very informative, 10-15 people about 4 1/2 hrs. good luck :):)

Posted by
6 posts

In an answer to the question about a tour of the Vatican, SamSn replied that the Vatican accepts reservations for general entry so there is really no need to participate in a tour to skip the long line. I've done some searching online but can't find how/where to get these reservations - SamSN, or anyone, can you suggest a website or does it have to be done when you're in Rome?
If so, where?

Posted by
1994 posts

Context Rome provides absolutely remarkable tours. I've used them in other cities also. They limit group to 6 (will go with fewer). Guides are well-qualified academically and lead tours in their area of professional expertise. I toured the Vatican with a guide who was teaching baroque art at the university level and was a devout Catholic. Learned so much, even though I had been to both the museums and St Peters before.

Posted by
705 posts

Angel tours for me. Have done a few of their tours and always enjoy them.

Posted by
27 posts

Thanks for all the good suggestions!