Please sign in to post.

Vatican tour

I am so confused! There are three tour offered on line- one is the site you recommend- for 72,00 Euros- this is the cheapest- for 2- but I can't find out if it includes GETTING IN to St Peter's at the end with a tour inside or do they just dump you in the horrendous line up in front of the Bassilica and let you fare on your own? There is a tour with Viator for 85.00 USD that seems to INCLUDE st Peters but does not include the ticket to the vatican and they want an additional 21,00 euros each for this. Can anyone tell me about either of these tours? Thanks so much! Barb

Posted by
4152 posts

Entry into St. Peter's is free. There is no ticket involved. The tour offered by the vatican ends at the Sistine chapel. If you have taken the tour you are allowed to use the bypass door into the basilica. You don't have to wait in the security line again. It should only cost 31 euros each so that's 62 euros for two. It's 15 for entry tickets, 10.50 for the guide, 1.50 for the earphones and 4 for the reservation fee. There is also a tour that includes the basilica but this one fills up fast so if you wish a tour of the basilica as well as the museums you should book it now. Both tours allow you to bypass the lines outside the museums. This tour will cost 36 euros each. This must be the tour that you are talking about. Donna

Posted by
11362 posts

We very much enjoyed Walks of Italy's "Pristine Sistine" tour for 84 euros all inclusive. You get to the Sistine Chapel before the crowds, which is fantastic! The Basilica tour is included, too.