Please sign in to post.

Vatican tour

I will be in Rome May 26 to May 29 with my daughters (age 19 and 21). I would like to have a group or private tour of the Vatican. Do you agree this is a good idea and which tour do you suggest?

Posted by
267 posts

We used Angel Tours to tour the Vatican and really enjoyed it. We were also able to pass the lines. There were about 10 people in our group and tour guide was very good. Have a safe trip :)!

Posted by
1994 posts

I've used Context Rome and have always had great experiences. Groups are limited to 6 and will go with fewer, which means you're not always waiting for group to re-gather. Guides are academically well qualified, interesting, and often native English speakers who live in Rome. I've used them at least 15 times in multiple cities, and I highly recommend them.

Posted by
1446 posts

We used Presto Tours & were very pleased with the quality of the tour and guide. I would opt for a group tour as in the Vatican the groups are required (I think) to use a microphone and everyone on the tour wears headphones so that you can always hear the guide. Presto limits the tour to a small amount of people & we never had a problem following the guide. If you opt for a private tour, you'll pay alot more than for a group tour.