Please sign in to post.

Vatican Tour

Hello- which Vatican tour would you recommend? Angel tours or something similiar or a tour sponsored by the Vatican itself? Do I need to arrange either of these ahead of time? We will be in London the week before we head to Italy so we could arrange for a tour from there. Thanks for all the great help- Melissa

Posted by
12 posts

Hi- We were in Rome last year , and booked our Vatican tour through VIATOR.. We had a small group-only 10 of us. Our tour guide , Giovanna was fabulous. She spoke English very well, is extremely knowledgeable and inserted her own humor into the 2+ hour tour of the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and the Basilica.. we had a great experience, well worth the time for sure! Be sure to wear cool and comfortable clothing( shoulders need to be covered) I had a very lightweight blouse over a tank top and it worked out great. and bring some water too.. We were there at the end of June last year so it was HOT.

Posted by
23305 posts

We were vey pleased with Angel Tours. They use young art students that are a pleasure to spend time with. My guess is that they all are pretty good.

Posted by
76 posts

We used Through Eternity last November while in Rome for several tours and were very pleased with them. The tour of the Vatican was GREAT!!! I'd highly recommend them. Each guide we had was fantastic and very knowledgeable. We'd definitely use their services again. They limit the number of people for their tours which we really liked. I'm sure there are a number of tour groups that get good reviews, but I don't think you'd regret using Through Eternity. Have a great trip.

Posted by
76 posts

We used Through Eternity last November while in Rome for several tours and were very pleased with them. The tour of the Vatican was GREAT!!! I'd highly recommend them. Each guide we had was fantastic and very knowledgeable. We'd definitely use their services again. They limit the number of people for their tours which we really liked. I'm sure there are a number of tour groups that get good reviews, but I don't think you'd regret using Through Eternity. Have a great trip.

Posted by
163 posts

We're going to be at the Vatican in a few weeks and directly booked a guided tour with them at www.vatican.va. Our entrance tickets came with it and the prices were not as expensive as some of the private tour guides. I've heard good recommendations.....hopefully we enjoy it!

Posted by
27 posts

I used welwalkinrome.com for an Ancient Rome tour and they were absolutely fantastic. They also offer a Vatican tour that lets you skip the entrance lines. I didn't do any Vatican tour due to time constraints but I have nothing but the best things to say about this small company based on my Ancient Rome tour experience. So I would recommend them.

You can simply go to their site and send in your request, no need to pay before, and then show up on the appointed day at the meeting point (or just show up without booking, this is also possible). From what I remember their Vatican tours begin at 2pm.