Please sign in to post.

Vatican Tour

I am going to visit the Vatican this year for about half a day. The tours available are all extremely expensive. If we purchase museum tickets online from the official tickets office website( the tickets which are for 20 euros for adults and 12 euros for children), will we get to skip the lines? The website seems a little unclear. Also, we plan on taking with us the Rick Steves audioguides inplace of an actual guide Has anyone triede them out? Are these any good? Will they suffice for seeing the Vatican Museums well? And can they actually provide proper replacement for an actual guided tour? Thank you very much, your help is much appreciated.

Posted by
29 posts

We went to the Vatican Museum earlier this month. I reserved our entry time online. This enabled us to skip the massive line to buy tickets. You still have to pay for your tickets in person (you will get an email confirmation of your reservation: Day and Time).. But it just took us a matter of minutes (not hours) to get into the museum and go to the ticket desk where you pay for reserved entry. (Cash only!) I did not use Rick Steves' audio guide for the Vatican Museum, but did use ones for Ostia Antica and the Forum (they were both excellent). I hope this helps, Jim