Please sign in to post.

Vatican museum tour

Recommendations on best way to see Vatican museum? Audio tour or book English tour online for 32euros?

Posted by
4152 posts

I think it really depends on the person. Each have their pros and cons. I like audio guides because you can start when you want and go at your own pace. I like guided tours because they keep you to a schedule and you can ask questions if you have them. These are just my opinions and I'm sure others will have different opinions.

Donna

Posted by
16895 posts

And in the case of this particular museum, some people will pay more for an early morning entry that helps avoid crowds, such as the Pristine Sistine tour.

Posted by
703 posts

We did a guided tour with Through Eternity tours, 8:30am meet, no waiting in lines. Well worth it for us. Our guide was so knowledgeable. Took about 3 hours for the Museum, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica. After the tour we stayed in the Basilica for awhile to soak it all in. It was a very memorable part of our trip.

Posted by
35 posts

I would prefer an audio tour as you can choose to take a long as you like at each station. Normally I find guided tours too fast for my liking as I am a person of detail and I love to see every intricate detail of carvings on the wall etc. Of course this is just my preference!