Please sign in to post.

Vatican museum tickets

Vatican museum tickets can be purchased up to 60 days in advance.

Do they become available exactly at 12AM Rome time?

If yes, living in California (PDT), I should be able to purchase 3PM my time for 60 days later.

Posted by
721 posts

I believe that the way it used to work for Colosseum tickets, time was based on the time of entry, not the calendar day.

Why not do a trial run and see what happens?

Posted by
22 posts

When I got my Vatican tickets they went on sale at 6pm central for all the time slots for that day, 60 days out.

Posted by
513 posts

Just FYI: they are selling out fast, I've noticed. I hesitated for a group I was booking in May and didn't get what I wanted.

Posted by
1 posts

Hello all, We just tried to purchase Vatican tickets online. We're doing this more than one month before our trip, but everything seems to be sold out. Does anyone have advice for a workaround?
Thanks in advance.

Posted by
6194 posts

You could book a tour with a company like Walks of Italy-they provide the tickets

Posted by
15848 posts

dtskelton2021, what date are you trying to book for, and do you have more than one date available to visit the museums?

Posted by
27 posts

Confirmed that 3PM PDT you can purchase tickets 60 days out.

For today, you can purchase tickets for June 10th.

Two minutes past three, 9:30AM and 10AM slots filled up.

Four minutes passed three, 10:30AM availability low.

As our family is an early bird, I am glad 8AM slot is still open as type this five minutes passed three.

Posted by
27 posts

Today was the day to purchase tickets.

Unlike yesterday, the landing page started to give errors. Three times, it errored out on the page where you type in your info.

I had to switch to a different browser and was able to purchase 8AM tickets for four by 3:05.

Received PDF tickets around 3:15.