Please sign in to post.

Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel

Do you need an advanced reservation for this access? I have found a web-site offering "no-wait" entrance, but not with a tour - for 28 Euro each.
Is this a good deal - or a rip-off???

Posted by
655 posts

To me, some sort of scheme to skip the lines would be a very good idea. I would check out Donna's suggestion.

Posted by
47 posts

My husband and I booked directly through the vatican, as described by Donna. Worked very smoothly, we had an entrance time, and did not have to wait in line. For 19 Euros it seems a better deal than what you are looking at.

Posted by
230 posts

Ron in Rome has two excellent posts answering this question,
one on 3/23/11 called "What to pre-book in Rome" and the other on 3/27/09 called "Vatican Museum - 'Skip the Line' or Not." If your schedule is flexible and you can go in the early afternoon, particularly on the less busy days (read his post), there may well be no line. We bought advance tickets through the Vatican Museum website for 9 AM September entry, but then I decided to go back a second day. I went in the early afternoon as Ron suggested and just walked in - there was no line at all. Also read his post of 12/9/2009 "20 tips on Visiting the Vatican Museums" - it'll save you a lot of walking.

Posted by
791 posts

Definitly check out the RinR tips!
We went on a Thurs. morning at opening. Something like 3 people ahead of us, 5 min wait.

Posted by
51 posts

We were just there last week. No line whatsoever. We went around 1:00. I know it's not a guarantee, but I'm glad we didn't spend the $ on the reservation.