Please sign in to post.

Vatican Museum

I bought tickets online via Tiqets. We have seven people and it would only allow me to buy 6 max at a time so I thought i could add the 7th for the same time but later found that no tickets were now available for that time slot. I bought another one for the time slot 30 minutes later. The tickets are non-cancellable. Would our 7th person be allowed to go in with the other six given the circumstances?

Posted by
27142 posts

I don't think anyone can answer that question definitively. The person with the later entry time will need to get past two people: the line-minder and the person who converts the confirmation into an actual ticket.

There are two lines outside the Museums. One is for people with timed entry confirmations; the other, for people wanting to buy tickets. They do admit people (slowly and intermittently) from the ticket-buying line, so the line-minder might decide it's OK to let your 7th person accompany the rest of you. And/or the line-minder might not notice the different entry time. I'd tend to bury that person in the middle of the pack--maybe make that entry authorization the 5th or 6th one in the stack if you have 7 separate entry documents. If you just have two, you obviously would show 6-person entry confirmation first. I wouldn't say anything about the discrepancy unless one of the Museum staff people questions it.

Note: I'm usually a solo traveler, so I really have no experience juggling multiple entries.

Posted by
141 posts

I feel sure they will let all 7 in. We arrived early for our timed entry and they let us in early. You shouldn't have a problem. They will understand.