Please sign in to post.

Vatican Museum

I am trying to book Vatican Museum tickets online for September. The sight says they are not available for booking. Does anyone know if it is too soon to book for September, because they haven't opened those dates yet. Or are they just requiring everyone to book through a 3rd party. I haven't been able to find specific information as to how far out they open tickets for purchase on the website. I appreciate any information you might have.

Posted by
15810 posts

It's too early. Tickets on the Vatican's site normally become available 60 days in advance.

Posted by
187 posts

I wish every ticket site said in big bold letters how far in advance you could buy tickets. That would alleviate a lot of stress by us, the ticket buyers, and maybe even sell more tickets, since buyers wouldn’t give up when they see an ambiguous message like “tickets not available for booking.”

Posted by
15810 posts

Reederman, that would be helpful for customers, for sure, but the most-visited attractions are already overrun so they don't NEED to sell any more tickets than they already are! 😱

Anyway, If a ticket or tour of the Vatican Museums shows "Not available for booking" for a particular date, that means they're not on sale for that day yet. If they're sold out for that date or particular time slot, it'll show as "Sold out."