Please sign in to post.

Vatican Museum

I will be purchasing a "timed admission" for the Vatican Museum for October 2015. Do I need to "check in" prior to the admission time (as the Borghese Gallery suggests)? What if I book a 2:00 pm admission but I am detained for 15 minutes, will I be allowed to enter at 2:15 or 2:30? Thanks.

Posted by
4152 posts

You do not need to check in before your scheduled time to enter. You will take your voucher to the special events desk and exchange it for your actual tickets. Then you can enter the museums.

The tickets are timed for crowd control reasons. If you are more than a few minutes late the guards have the right to make you wait in the regular line. The tickets will still be valid you just lose the right to bypass the lines. Be sure to book a time you can make or risk waiting in a long line. October is high season and the lines can be hours long, even in the afternoon.

Donna

Posted by
15576 posts

There are 2 security lines next to each other, one for reservations and one for the rest. When you get there, check with a guard to make sure you don't get in the wrong line. Have your reservation handy.