Please sign in to post.

Vatican Museum

I will be staying in a farmhouse northwest of Seina, Italy and would like to go down the Rome on September 19, 2011 for the day to see the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. I have seen tours for USD80, but also have seen tickets for EC15. I want to skip the lines. I am also unsure about how to travel--bus, rail or car. Any thoughts?

Posted by
117 posts

Hi John, My husband and I were at the Vatican Museum last week. We just had regular tickets/reservation time for the Vatican (online for...18 Euro, I believe, through the regular Vatican website). We were able to skip the line with that ticket. I would never drive in Rome, but I have no concept of distance between Siena and Rome. Take the train. You can take the train into Rome and then the Metro to near the Vatican.

Posted by
101 posts

Thank you for your quick response. I just looked at the Vatican website and will follow your advise and buy tickets through them and take Rick's tour which I have downloaded on to my Iphone. Also will leave the car and probably take the bus. Thank you again, Colleen