Please sign in to post.

Vasari Corridor Tour

We are thinking about booking the Vasari Corridor tour on our next trip to Florence in March. Has anybody done this one, and would you recommend it. Thank You Russ

Posted by
15198 posts

I've done it a long time ago (last century in fact). Most paintings are portraits. It's interesting to walk through the secret passage that allowed the Medicis to go from their palace (Pitti) to the Palazzo Vecchio without being seen by the masses. Nice unusual view of the Arno river and also of Santa Felicita church interior (they would attend the mass without being seen too).

Whether I'd recommend it or not, depends on how much time you have available and what you'd leave out in order to find time to do it. It's a nice addition to the visit of Florence, but I wouldn't do it if you have to leave out the Accademia or the Duomo.

Posted by
1994 posts

If you have done everything else that interests you, the Vasari Corridor would be a nice addition. But I wouldn't sacrifice other sites to visit the corridor. If you go, spend time in the rest of the museum first. After you finish the tour of the corridor, you cannot return to the museum. Also, I assume that you know you have to go with a tour? I used ArtViva a couple of years ago, and was somewhat disappointed – the tour was aimed at the lowest common denominator. If you have a real interest, I would guess that Context Florence would provide a better experience.

Posted by
41 posts

Yes, we have been to Florence before and seen most things, just really enjoy Florence. This time we are there for 10 days and wanted to try something different. Thanks for the feed back. Russ