Please sign in to post.

Vasari Corridor

Is the Vasari Corridor worth the cost?

Posted by
4152 posts

Only you can decide that for yourself but we really enjoyed it.

Donna

Posted by
1222 posts

I'm currently reading the Inferno where they go through there, sounds awesome. Let us know if you decide to go and how you liked it.

Posted by
7 posts

I am curious what the consensus was on this.... Was the Vasari Corridor a good experience?

Posted by
15847 posts

Copy/pasting my answer to the same very recent question:

I'm not sure it's even possible to book a tour of the Corridor right now...either with or without a tour of the Uffizi. The Beniculturali website (http://www.uffizi.it/index.php?en/202/vasari-corridor) states that it's closed until further notice although I've seen some other reports which indicate it's open again for limited tours though November. However a further check of some the agencies who provide these tours comes up empty: no ability to book.

Posted by
4152 posts

We really enjoyed the tour. There were 8 of us and the guide was delightful. There was lots of information on the artwork in the regular part of the museums and then we went into the corridor. Very interesting.

Donna

Posted by
1534 posts

Vasari corridor closed due to lack of emergency exits. A general reworking is likely but still in the planning stage.

Posted by
1534 posts

Breaking news: Vasari corridor will reopen in a few days, but only till Nov. 30th. No more than 22 persons allowed in the corridor at any time. On Nov. 30th it will close for renovation; portraits will be removed, three emergency exits opened an AC installed. Exact detail of renovation still to be finalized.

Posted by
15847 posts

Ah. I'd read hints of that but couldn't find actual confirmation, and the usual tour providers weren't taking internet bookings. I'm guessing they'll be back in business shortly!