Please sign in to post.

Updated itinerary for June 2021.

Would you change anything? Will be traveling with teen daughter. Loves sound of music and wants to experience food and culture it Italy.
Day 1 Land Vienna 8am rest/explore central area
Day 2 explore city -? Opera.
Day 3 Am train too Salzburg-explore old town
Day 4 explore saltzburg
Day 5 sound or music hill hike/ more exploring
Day 7 8am train too Venice arrive at hotel around 2pm
Day 8 Venice
Day 9 Venice
Day 10 am train too cinque Terre
Day 11 cinque Terre
Day 12 cinque Terre
Day 13 afternoon train too Rome
Day 14 Rome
Day 15 Rome
Day 16 Rome
Day 17 fly home 3pm
(Alternative plan)
day 13 train too Florence
Day 14 Florence
Day 15 Train too Rome
Day 16 Rome
Day 17 Rome
Day 18 fly home

Posted by
13 posts

This will be a fabulous trip! How exciting for you and your daughter! The sound of music tour is a lovely way to spend an afternoon. I would also do a day trip to Neuschweinstein while you are in Salzburg.
I personally like your alternate plan. imo I would cut CT and add it all to Florence to explore more, visit smaller towns in the region, making take a cooking class, etc. if CT is a must, I would at least cut down one day

Posted by
871 posts

Only one full day for Vienna, one of the major cities in Europe? Spend at least 4 nights and fly to Venice. Or go ahead to Salzburg and skip the Cinque Terre.

You don't say when you plan to be there but better check the cruise ship schedule later this year. The tiny villages get 2.5 million visitors per year, and crowds worsen when mega-ships are in port. Relocating from Venice, packing up in one hotel and walking out of the next plan on spending 7.5 to 8 hours Rome 6.5 [a couple of hours on top of the train times].

Posted by
15 posts

Thanks for your advice. Wish we had more time to do everything but definitely trying to make the Best of time we do have. I Like the suggestion of maybe cutting day in CT and adding to Florence.