Please sign in to post.

Underground Colosseum Tour

I am trying to figure out how I can book tickets for this when we are in Rome (10/4-10/5). I have searched the RS website and found many discussions on this topic. The one below provides a link to where the tickets can get purchased and guidance on how to do it which seems to have worked for others but I am still having problems. http://www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/helpline/index.cfm/rurl/topic/84742/colosseum-underground-tour.html As with some of the posters on this other thread, when I go to the Collect Onsite button and enter my date of either 10/4 or 10/5, it tells me "No Events Scheduled". This is the site suggested in the other thread: http://www.ticketclic.it/Gb/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm. Does anyone know if this means that they are just not offering tours or is everything possibly sold out? We leave for our trip in 2 weeks and I was hoping to get this booked before leaving so I don't have to try and do it later. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I would really appreciate any suggestions. - Bethany

Posted by
4152 posts

Bethany, the official website has not been working for a while in regards to booking tickets or tours of the colosseum. The easiest thing to do is to call them directly to book what you need. The operators speak English and will do the transaction for you over the phone. They will give you a confirmation number and email you a confirmation email which you can print and take with you. It's all very easy. 011 39 06 399 67 700 Be sure to call during Italian business hours of 9-1 and 2-5. You may need to get up very early to make this call. Donna

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you Donna! I was so frustrated trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I appreciate the guidance.

Posted by
1054 posts

I'll be there on 10/3 doing the tour. Def call them up for your ticket

Posted by
3 posts

Just wondering how long it has taken people to get their confirmation email about tours.

Posted by
4152 posts

Should be within an hour. If you don't get it soon they probably copied your email address down wrong. You'll need to call them back to fix it. Donna

Posted by
10 posts

Donna - thanks so much for the guidance on this! I just called and booked my tickets. It was very easy and I got my confirmation emails while on the phone with the operator. One more thing to check off my to-do list!

Posted by
10 posts

So I was reviewing the email confirmations that I received after purchasing my tickets over the phone. Of course they are all in Italian and I have copied them into Google translate but still can't seem to find any directions that tell me where to go to collect my tickets when I get there or how early I need to arrive in order to get my tickets in time for my 1pm tour. Any advice would be appreciated!

Posted by
4152 posts

Arrive about 20 minutes early. Tell the guard at the front of the line you are taking the tour and he'll tell you which line to get in. Once you get your tickets they'll tell you where your tour is meeting. Donna

Posted by
2455 posts

Donna, I was just wondering, is your last name Colosseum, of the Cranberry Twp Colosseums? Or what? (;->))