Please sign in to post.

Umbria

Hello,

my plan is to visit Umbria and I Tuscany I will be in cortona a few days and like to go south ,some peole say that Orvieto or Todi
are good to base and visit the other towns , on may 2016 3 adults. what do you recommend.
Also Spoleto is a good base ?

Rome: Do I need to book in advance Vatican and sestene, we really like with a guide.
Hop on Hop off is a good idea Do I need to book in advance
Florence : Academia do I need to book in advance ?
Milan: hop on hop off for 2 nights is better to have?

and train for may milan to venice rt and cinqueterre need to book in advance or when I get there
From milan airport to central station how can I get there

thanks

Posted by
15235 posts

Assisi, Spello, Gubbio, Castiglion Del Lago, Perugia are also great. They could even be visited from Cortona if you have a car because they are all a short drive away

Posted by
104 posts

Hopefully you are going to have a car! Cortona is a nice place to base. I live in Orvieto because it is midway from Rome and Florence. You should make reservations as soon as possible for Rome. Be prepared for massive crowds at Vatican The early morning is the only time I would ever return. So crowded it was miserable. Pushing crowds left little time to look. Enjoy Tuscany and Umbria. Pienza is one of my favorite small towns. If you PM me I'm happy to answer any questions and me a local contact should you run into any challenges while here in Italia!!

Posted by
15846 posts

Gabriela, you have a lot of crossover questions that's causing confusion. It would help to only ask about the single location/region you want to know about in a single post; such as only asking about Umbria in one, Rome in another, Milan in another, etc, instead of grouping them.

Rome, Milan the CT and Venice are not in Umbria or Tuscany, BTW.

See responses to your Rome questions in another of your posts.