Please sign in to post.

Uffizi tickets

Is anyone else having problems using the official website to get reservations for Uffizi and accademia in florence?
I get all the way through the process and it cancels the transaction at the end. I have tried two different credit cards. Any suggestions?

Posted by
2297 posts

Call them! The phone number is on their website, you can talk to an English speaking operator, you have more choices for times than online - and you pay nothing upfront. It took me 2 minutes for the entire transaction.

Just make sure you take the time difference into account when you call them during
Italian business hours, i.e. 9 hours ahead of California.

Posted by
187 posts

Contact your accomodation in Florence & ask them if they will make your reservations. Our B&B in Florence did for our visit last week. Just returned from our Italy trip last night & it was wonderful!

Posted by
306 posts

When I purchased tickets online the buttons that you click on to confirm your purchase where still in italian so when I thought I was confirming my purchase I was actually canceling it. If the buttons are still in italian translate them before clicking on the button. If I remember correctly the cancel button is the one that is automatically highlighted. If that doesn't fix the problem, email your hotel and ask them to purchase the tickets for you.

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks, everyone! I think the problem was that we needed to ask our credit card company to authorize out-of-country charges. I also found out, in the meantime, about joining "Friends of the Uffizi" which includes admission to all the state-owned museums in Florence. Hope it works!

Posted by
16353 posts

Lots of credit card won't accept charges from Italy unless you call the issuer first and authorize the charge. That may well have been the problem.

As for unofficial third-party sites like Weekend in Firenze, they are convenient---but charge more.

Posted by
87 posts

The "Friends of Uffizi" membership was something that we purchased. We paid in advance and our passes were sent to us. But you can order them and pick them up at the guest services desk on arrival. They were absolutely the BEST purchase we made. We went right in at the museums, never waited in line. We went whenever we felt like it and didn't need reservations. We definitely saved money over individual ticket purchases.

Posted by
1003 posts

called to Florence for our visit last summer. Very easy to do.

Posted by
37 posts

I actually called the other day and was able to make reservations over the phone.